Spam Spam Spam..Can you spot the SPAM Comments?
People are paid to write Spam comments. It is hard to believe that people try to post such jibberish and then expect us to approve it. All websites want to have a high Google Rank and will stop at nothing to get to the top. If you allow spam comments with links, you are enabling them to rank at the top.
Spot the Spam Comments?
Here are a few comments that I have received.
- This article made me become shiny. After doing some reading of this article, I learned a lot. I will follow your blog. I wish everyone like me herereap happy, gains moved….
- Awwww – nothing quite like riding your bike inside. Such a lovely series of photos.
- I just wanted to say thank you so much for the follow back on bloglovin’! Hope you have a great Thursday )
- This article is really splendid, a friend gave me a look. I set eyes on, I would like to express the feelings I looked. Others did not feel that I do not mind, at least now I express myself…
- I appreciate your article.Your article is like a big tree, so that we can be seated in your tree, feel yourself a real. I feel very touched, very eudaemonia….
When I first began blogging, I spent each day deleting similar comments or the exact same comments and the next day new ones appear for me to mark as spam and put in the trash. Weeding out the good from the bad can take some time if you don’t know what you are looking for. As you can see from the ones I have used it isn’t that difficult to tell. Some will look like legitimate comments and links but they never really are.
Dealing with Spam Comments
There are many ways to deal with the spam we receive on our comment sections.
- anti-spam apps/plugins
- checking the URL
- commenters name
- moderate comments
- blocking I.P. addresses
For those of you who come by to visit and leave a comment or at least try to leave one. Thanks!! I appreciate it, as I am sure you are for the comments I may leave on your blog.
Now to paw me another Tea and get on with my day!
Have a happy SPAM free day!